- New York Qualifying Hunter Safety Classes: http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/9191.html
- Utah Government Site: http://bci.utah.gov
- Renew Your Permit
- Find Out of State Instructors
- Look-up State Laws
- New York City Title 38
- New York State Rifle and Pistol Association: http://www.nysrpa.org They are the official NRA state organization for New York, and the nation’s oldest firearm advocacy organization, founded in 1871.
- NYPD Handgun Info
- NYPD Rifle/Shotgun Info
- NYC law regarding firearms (supersedes state law)
- National Directory of Firearm Businesses: Find Gun Ranges, Stores, and more
- National Firearm Discussion Forum
- State Resources Directory: Research State Gun Laws
- Handgun Law USA: http://www.handgunlaw.us
- Research Concealed Carry Laws from other states
- Steve’s Pages: Find Instruction Manuals for Most Firearms
- USCCA: Learn More about and Join the United States Concealed Carry Association
Apps for Phones:
- Concealed Carry Gun Tools: Permit Maps, Track Training & Guns, Directory of Businesses, Forums, and more
- Concealed Carry Magazine (Requires USCCA Membership)
- AR Rifles Searchable Guide of 1300 AR Rifles
NRA Homepage: http://home.nra.org
Dismayed by the lack of marksmanship shown by their troops, Union veterans Col. William C. Church and Gen. George Wingate formed the National Rifle Association in 1871. The primary goal of the association would be to “promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis,” according to a magazine editorial written by Church.
After being granted a charter by the state of New York on November 17, 1871, the NRA was founded. Civil War Gen. Ambrose Burnside, who was also the former governor of Rhode Island and a U.S. senator, became the fledgling NRA’s first president.
An important facet of the NRA’s creation was the development of a practice ground. In 1872, with financial help from New York State, a site on Long Island, the Creed Farm, was purchased for the purpose of building a rifle range. Named Creedmoor, the range opened a year later, and it was there that the first annual matches were held.